Expression Web Online Class
This class also includes Lessons specific to Expression Web 2.
Lesson 1: Overview & Game Plan
- The Big Picture
- FrontPage to Expression Web
- Getting Started Steps Overview
Lesson 2: Getting Started Steps 1 thru 5
You will learn how to set up a web site, including a Web Page,
External Style Sheet, Link the Style Sheet to the Web page, and much
more. Also learn about the Doctype and how to set the Doctype. (you will
use the HTML5 Doctype)
Lesson 3: The Layout - Designing the Web Page
- Introduction to the Layout and the various types of layouts
- Ingredients of a Layout: Step by step tutorials showing
you how to make different web pages.
- Factors to
Consider when Making Layouts
- PDF Downloads to read Off-Line
- Make the
Lesson 4: Horizontal Navigation Menu
Learn how to Make a Horizontal Nav Menu using CSS & HTML
We continue to design our web page using the Layout from the
Lesson 5: Create & Style Hyperlinks
- Dynamic Pseudo-Class Selectors for Hyperlinks - Style Roll-over
Effects (hover) with CSS.
create a hover effect for us!
- Specificity: style links differently in one section of the
layout as compared to another section.
Lesson 6: Make the Vertical Navigation Menu
Learn how to structure and style the vertical nav, add
hyperlinks, link to other pages.
Lesson 7: Insert and Style Text & Headings
- Insert Text: copy and paste technique
- Apply HTML Text Tags to your content.
- Style Text with CSS
- Think outside the Box
Lesson 8: Learn to Insert Images
- How to insert and position background images with CSS
- Advantages of
CSS background images
- Insert Images into the HTML (Design view), Position Images.
- PDF Downloads: Learn about the formats used for the web.
- How to Optimize Images.
Lesson 9: Style the Header
Learn how to Position divs within other divs to achieve design
goals. For instance, divide the header into sections using div
tags. This makes it easier to add content to your header and
Lesson 10: Add Social Media to Web Pages
Social Media is
becoming a significant part of the web, and a crucial factor in Search
Engine Optimization (SEO).
Lesson 11: Make a Dynamic Web Template
We've now finished Designing our Web Page. Let's save it as a
DWT so that we can Make More Pages from the DWT.
Lesson 12: Pre- Publishing
Learn what you need to publish your site.
Lesson 13: Publishing
You will learn how to publish via FTP and/or FrontPage
Lesson 14: HTML5 Audio & Video
Thorough tutorials, learn how to add HTML5 Videos and Audio to
your web pages. New HTML5 Elements & Attributes reviewed and
applied in real examples.
Lesson 15: Learn how to Insert Videos (flash, windows
media) into Web Pages
- Brand New Videos added to the class recently.
- Learn how to
insert Flash (.swf) movies/videos, Flash Image Viewer, how to edit
- Insert Windows Media Video, and more.
- HTML5 Video Tutorials
Lesson 16: Web Site Project
- Learn how to build a web site from beginning to end.
- Make approximately 20 pages (using a dynamic web template)
- Add jQuery Toggle Menu
- And more....
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT LESSON 16
(This two-part set of Lessons includes
more content than the first 15 Lessons!!)
Lessons 1 thru 15 teach the must-have skills in Designing Web Pages. Lesson
16 shows you how to apply what you've learned, and provides many new
learning opportunities along the way.
The remainder of the class contents serves as a Reference and contains
many How To's. Also included is a CSS Reference.
(See the Dashboard)
The above outline is subject to change without notice.
- Add a Shopping Cart: third party -- 8 Videos
- Paypal Buy Now Buttons & Shopping Cart -- 6 Vides and growing
- Product Layout Download
- HTML Contact Form - processed with PHP script to send email
- Newsletter Signup - with PHP to send results to Database (
- All Form Tutorials including making the HTML Form, using CSS to
Style the Form, and instructions on how to work with the PHP (which
is mostly copy n paste)
- Graphics for Download
- Experimenting with Photoshop
- Expression Design Tutorials
- Photo Gallery Tutorials
- Coming Soon - Adobe Fireworks
- Toggle (accordion)
- Coming Soon -- New Tabbed Menus with animation, Accordion,
Roundabout, Horizontal accordion
- Dropdown Menu
- Bookmarks to Create menu (link to different parts within pages)
And so Much More....
- Table Tutorials -- with sortable columns
- Import Site Wizard
- CSS Popup
- Add Google Map
- Google Web Fonts
- How to Add third party code (for affiliate banner, adsense ads)
- Add Google Analytics Tracking Code to pages
- Add Nivo Image Slider, Cycle Image Viewer
- CSS 3 Rounded Corners & Box shadows
- Adding Google Web Fonts
- How to embed a Google Map
- How to Make a Photo Gallery
- HTML5 Audio & Video
- Fluid Layout
- How to use Layers
- SEO: Lot's of New Information to
Help you Through the Google Algorithm Updates! You will
learn how to optimize your web pages, and find out what FACTORS are
Most Crucial for Ranking in Google Search Results.
- Adding a Search Box (search engine)
- Use Expression Design to make a Background Graphic, Slice it,
Optimize it, and Insert into web page using CSS.
The amount of content in this class is absurd! As you can see,
it's worth far more than $60.
Sign Up Today!